Day 12 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 30th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Epic Day. Liam got some rufies from the concierge, then put it in our coffee. Next thing, Jaime is lost, and Shiree, Gary and Liam are a 3 person wolf pack, we found this tiger, and a baby, met Mike Tyson and a stripper, found Jaime sleeping on the roof of the Bellagio.....oh, wait. No.

But it was epic...12 hours on the strip. Went to all the expected places, rode roller coasters in Circus Circus and New York New York (what is with the double double names names?). NYNY roller coaster is long and fast, but hard and jarring. bought tickets to the monorail as well, so we could scoot around as required.

Las Vegas is very well designed to make you spend...not sure if anyone else has noticed, but after reading about this sometime ago I did...no seats anywhere. If you want to sit and rest, you will be doing it either in a restaurant or a casino slot machine. We are ruled by the dollar!

At MGM Grand we timed our visit with the weigh in and bullshit-fest that is Las Vegas boxing, was cool to see actually. Pity we are not here for the big fight, although tickets are expensive. Thought about offering to join in as a fighter, but these guys are so crazy they might just take me seriously.

Wanted to see Cirque du Soleil 'O', but it is currently off, bummer. So settled on Criss Angel Mindfreak instead. Show was Ok but not great. They had a breakdown in the middle of the show which caused a delay. Has been running for only 5 years so I suppose they are still getting used to it. Had dinner out as well, so didn't get back to hotel until late. we were all happy to see our beds!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb