Las Vegas Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 29th 2013
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, here is the next instalment of the Saunders family road trip. The evening of our first night here we ventured out up the strip to see Vegas at night. When I say we ventured out I mean we walked through interconnected hotels designed to prevent you from going outside. However, we did get some good snaps of the Luxor, Excalibur, New York New York, Monte Carlo, The MGM Grand and of course the Bellagio (all hotels).

The following morning we ventured down to the casino floor in search of some breakfast where Fred and Kit found something called the Ultimate Breakfast so naturally we stopped there so they could have it. We then moved to the Aquarium, which is all still inside a hotel, which has lots of predators of the seas in tanks for you to look at as well as letting you touch Sting Rays if you wish to go the same way as Steve Irwin.

After a little break by the pool we ventured forth once again into the craziness of Las Vegas. Dad, Jack and I went to the Bodies exhibition which displays the different parts of the human body, I was able to see where the bit of cartilage that is being removed from my knee should be and it also gave me a look into what my knee will look like in the future when I no doubt will need a knee replacement. Whilst we were in the Bodies exhibit, the others headed to the MGM Grand to go and test their skills as Crime Scene Investigators at the CSI exhibition which they say was great fun. In the words' of Fred "Basically, you were given a clip board and you had either mystery 1,2 or 3. Mum, Kit and I had mystery 2, we had to go around the exhibit looking at all the different clues and then try and find out who killed the person."

After this we regrouped before taking the monorail to the far end of the strip to the Venetian Hotel. After a look around the Shoppes (Americans can't spell) where Mum bought a new dress that was apparently good value 4 of the group went to see the Pirate show at Treasure Island whilst Jack and I explored the back streets of Venice before all converging in St Mark's Square for dinner. This was a rather strange experience, sitting outside the restaurant for dinner with a blue sky above us still inside the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



1st August 2013

Great Trip
Hello everyone. What a great trip you are having. Many thanks for the blogs. We are back to normal drab summer weather here after the fine spell. J and H xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb