27th May 2012


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 27th 2012
Published: May 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are stopping in the Mirage Hotel, next to Caesars Palace, it is enormous and must accomadate 1,000's of guests.

The temperature is modest for Las Vegas at 81 degrees farenheit 91 degrees tomorrow and 100 by Wednesday.

We had a leisurely start today after the excitement of the strip last night.

We breakfasted at BB Kings Bar which was the first restaurant left of the elevator (there are hundreds to choose from in the hotel complex!!!) but when you are hungry you go for speed.

It was really good.

After that Annette and I left Bob and Vern to their own devices until lunch time and wandered around the other hotel coplexes admiring the themed displays and the window displays. The displays for Memorial day were very beautiful but I think the Ventia won the prize. The flower displays in the Plazzio were certainly the prettiest. I bought a ventitian mask in the mask shop and we did a lot of window shopping in Tiffany's and Versace and Dior.

Vern and Bob walked the strip taking in the sights, and people watching, avoiding the shops as much as possible.

We met up with the men for lunch in an Italian bakery which was delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb