Viva Las Vegas!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
November 9th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

San Diego - Las Vegas!


The last time we stepped on a plane we had been on there for an eternity so it was great to hop on our flight of only an hour to get to ‘Sin City’! We were still in the air when we started to see the bright lights of Vegas below, it was yet another wow moment.

We were booked into the plush Stratosphere hotel which sits at the bottom of the strip and is famous for its panoramic views of the city from its tower. As soon as we stepped into our room our jaws dropped – we have stayed in some dives over the last year so we were two travellers who had died and gone to heaven!

We spent a fair bit of time getting lost in our hotel as it was that huge. On the bottom floor was a massive casino which seemed to be permanently inhabited by grannies on fruit machines! We did manage to find the hotel ‘all you could eat’ buffet though which well and truly nearly burst our stomachs. It wasn’t your average buffet, it was actually lined with steaks, salmon and the full works – who wouldn’t have went back for 5 helpings?!! Aswell as the buffet and casino we also managed to drag ourselves to the top of the Stratosphere tower for the amazing view of the strip below.

The actual strip itself is by far the most glitziest, glamorous and over the top place we have ever seen. Some of the hotels and casino are amazing looking buildings – from Caesar’s Palace to the Bellagio and it’s the only place you’ll see a little Paris, Venice and New York all on the same street! On top of this it has a brilliant atmosphere, and filled with people from all different walks of life – from the richest of the rich to folk like us who had saved up every penny to be there to place a bet on ‘lucky number 7’!!

It wouldn’t be Vegas without trying to see a drag-show, well unfortunately we didn’t end up seeing one of these but we did manage to grab a couple of tickets to shows. We heard the number one Beatles tribute act were in town so there was no way Paul was missing this. They put on a great show and Paul managed to even grab a snap with ‘Mr Lennon’ himself afterwards! The buzz of Vegas went to our heads when we found out the broadway production of ‘The Lion King’ was being performed at The Mandalay Bay Theatre and this time there was no way Tina was letting this one pass by! It was well worth it though as the show was outstanding!

Probably the best thing about Las Vegas is the way it looks at night. You could spend endless hours just walking up the strip with a drink in hand taking in the atmosphere and looking at the fantastic lit-up buildings. There was also the spectacular massive water fountain show that the Bellagio spurts out every night. The show makes every hair on your body stand up as it’s performed alongside opera blasting out in time to it.

Other than gambling and shows there is one other thing that Vegas is known for – drinking . . . ofcourse we had to force ourselves to indulge!! We decided to ‘Vegas’ it up and start our nights out in style with a bottle of champers in our room. The fizz went right to our heads which nicely lined our stomachs for some shots in the bars afterwards, and then it all gets a bit hazy – what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



20th November 2011

Great blog entry
Great blog entry - Vegas sounds amazing - the pictures are really good - sounds like you's had a great time - just a wee bit different from like on the farm in Oz. Hope you's have nice stay in New Jersey with your dad and Betty. See you both soon - Mum x Ps: The grannies in the hotel casino playing on the fruit machine - was me and my pals - we had a good nite :)

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb