Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 13th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Simon’s birthday today and spent the full day in Las Vegas. I like staying in the Luxor - we like the Egyptian theme and decor but we worked our way along the strip, going in various other big casinos to look around and try our luck on their slots. I think I liked Caesars Palace the most. We had dinner in the Bellagio and then walked along to Treasure Island for the Circ du Soleil show “Mystere”. The show was excellent. The stage was amazing and kept moving and changing. They performed a whole range of routines, from trapeze, high wire stunts to springboard acrobatics and impressive strength exercises. The costumes were also incredible and very unusual. I don’t know how they conceived all the ideas to put the show together. It was gone 11pm by the time we got out - just time for a quick go on the Treasure Island slots before going back to the Luxor. Simon retired to the room to watch TV while I had 15mins on the Luxor slots which ended up being 45mins. It’s so addictive! It is also hard to find your way out which is their ploy to keep you in there! Still no big wins to report. My money is lasting a long time though as I seem to keep winning small amounts which keeps me going on the 1c machines, but generally not more than a few bucks. Going to have to do better when we’re back on Friday evening, as we leave tomorrow morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb