Las Vegas baby!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 12th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Very hot in Death Valley this morning. It seemed to be 90 already by the time we got up and out. After a hearty breakfast at the ranch, I drove us out of Death Valley as I wanted a go in the Mustang. The roads are very quiet and largely straight so it was a good chance to try the car. Simon did the second part of the drive into Las Vegas which I am glad about as it seemed very complex and busy trying to get off the freeway, onto the Strip. Also, it was very hard to find the Self-Parking at the Luxor so Simon was fairly frustrated by the time we actually got parked. We then had to get all our stuff through the casino (a maze) to the front desk to check in. In addition to my case and Simon’s rucksack, we also have the large wine carrier/wheeled case and over 3 gallons of water (3 actual gallon bottles of water plus some smaller ones!). Finally managed to get ourselves checked in and decided to upgrade our room. We are now not in the Pyramid but have quite a swanky suite at the top of the West Tower of the hotel. They offered us the upgrade at a very discounted rate and it is Simon’s birthday tomorrow. We then had to take the car back to Dollar Rental at McCarran airport but thankfully that’s less than 10mins away and we got there no problem. After all that effort I hit the slot machines!! Simon had to do something on the internet so I worked the casino for an hour which was good fun. We both went out later on and did a bit better, trying the machines in Luxor and the next door casino, Excalibor. We mainly stick to the 1c machines. My strategy is to spend a dollar and try to win about $2-3, then use this on the 25c machines. In theory, I would then increase this to about $20 and so on, working my way up to the higher slots until I win $1000. This is the plan. No luck so far!

Advertisement



15th September 2011

Have you won big yet?
I like your gambling style. Shame it did not work. I had a dream you one $1 million!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb