Pool Party at the Flamingo!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 19th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There is nothing more disorienting than waking up in a dark empty hotel room with no sense of time or knowledge of the whereabouts of your roommates. However, once the disorientation wore off excitement began to mount as I remembered...this is pool day!

The Flamingo is renown as having one of the best pools in Las Vegas. The pool is actually more like a tropical paradise, with an artificial grotto and waterfall that creates an intimate cave experience. I quickly got ready and hurried down to meet the gang, who had been camped out on lounge chairs since 10am. One bucket of beers and a $20 Mai Tai later...NOW ITS A PARTY!

The DJ played popular dance music and everyone was having a great time. The sun was strong and I accidentally applied a firm layer of bronzer instead of sunblock...a mistake that I quickly corrected. To be fair, it takes work to remain this fair - haha no pun intended. The girls were having a great time lounging and dancing and the men, well we did what men do and watched the ladies lol. After we were done splashing around for the afternoon, we grabbed some food and some more drinks at the Sin City Brewery, which surprisingly, was not that bad. Then we retired to the room to rest up for the evening.

Four hours and a wicked hangover later...I awoke! The gang was a little sluggish from the heat and the drinking but once we got going, it was back to the Casinos. We gambled a bit more at Ballys and walked through Paris before we decided to venture out of the Harrah's comfort zone. We explored the Venetian and the Palazzo that night. One thing I do regret is not getting rated at those properties but it is not the end of the world. The mega resorts are a sight to see. Having been to Italy, the theme really does whisk you away as if you actually were there. We also got to experience the water show at the Bellagio. The water show is always a fan favorite, with cannons of water shooting up to patriotic music. Considering that most things in Vegas come at a price, enjoying this free activity was a nice breath of fresh air. Our night ended back in the Flamingo. We lost a few people along the way, as Rob and Maggie bowed out to prepare for their Mimosa buffet in the am, but gained a few as Dave made his much anticipated arrival! I eventually called it at 5am which, for Vegas, might as well be 5 pm as Sin City was still very much alive and very much sinful!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb