Vegas Baby!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 7th 2011
Published: August 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Las Vegas……What do I say?? Well it’s exactly as we expected. Bright lights, casinos and extreme heat!! In fact it was probably hotter than we had expected as the temperatures sat around 40 degrees during the day. And when the wind blew, it felt like someone had turned on a hairdryer!!
We got here on Wednesday afternoon and spent a few hours walking around finding our bearings. We were staying in the New York New York hotel so we were right on the Strip. The hotel was great, we even got a free upgrade which was great!
We have spent our 4 days in Vegas walking around the strip, through the hotels in awe of how large they are. We spent some time shopping, sunbathing at the pool and we spend an afternoon/ evening at the Grand Canyon which was amazing. The hotels are so class! They are massive and really impressive! They all have great ideas and themes inside and outside! The streets and lobbies are always so busy! Last night we spent some time in the Irish bar in our hotel. It had a great live Irish band, we felt right back in Ireland as we sang the night away!!haha…
The Grand Canyon was a pretty major part of our trip. It was so beautiful and so much to look at. We were at the South Rim of the Canyon. It took us about 4 hours, 30 minutes to get there. We also stopped in various little towns on the way down. After walking round the Canyon for a while, around 6.30 we headed to the Sunset spot as sunset was fast approaching. On our way, we also saw a proposal which was pretty cool!! As the sun went down, the colours and scenery was just beautiful! Peter and I went right onto the edge and had the best seat in the house!! It was pretty romantic also….
Our last night in Vegas is approaching quickly. Time to get cleaned up and get the glad-rags on! Maybe we will win our fortune tonight playing Roulette!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 121, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb