Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 16th 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Went to the pool in the morning to sunbathe and swim. It was glorious, didn’t feel uncomfortable as you could just cool off in the water. The pool was lovely (and not like in my nightmare) and the beds really comfy apart from the metal edges which were scorching hot. Drove to the Las Vegas Outlet Centre and had our meal in IHOP. It was the only meal we had today so i will call it Brundi. I had chicken in balsamic sauce and Andy had a fried steak (which was like a Kentucky fried chicken but steak) with country gravy (a seasoned white sauce popular for breakfast). The outlet centre was huge but didn’t have much character to it. Andy did well and got loads of stuff but the rest of us got nothing! Drove back to Las Vegas Boulevard and parked at the Venetian. All the hotels have free parking which is pretty cool. The Venetian was amazing, it had a canal running through it with Gondolas and Gondoliers warbling away. The ceiling was painted to look like a sky and all the shops were designed to look like Venice, even the mask and Murano jewellery shops were there. It was surreal. By the time we got to the Mirage it was dark and we were able to watch the Volcano erupting in its full splendour. An incredible amount of fire was given out, it was brilliant. Inside the mirage was also spectacular, but we missed the white lion as she had gone to bed. Went into McDonalds and got some drinks and then walked to the Wynn where our show was. Left the boys and they walked back to our hotel and tried to rent a film but they needed a $50 deposit so they just watched TV and caught up with their mates on Facebook. Meanwhile at the Wynn it was lovely, so calm in comparison to the other hotels which were manic and teeming with people. People watching is fun here though. There are a lot of very well dressed beautiful women with gorgeous clothes. We went to see ‘La Reve’ which is the most spectacular performance we have ever seen and we were utterly spellbound by it (Thanks Jane for recommending it). The theatre was in a circle with the comfiest chairs i have ever sat in, in a theatre. As we walked in there was a mist in the centre and a curtain all round the ceiling. (Read no more if you ever want to go and see it as it would spoil it). When the show starts the mist reveals a pool with a circle ledge 2/3 of way out, the curtain goes up and from then on it is non stop action with a cast of about 40 men and 40 women acrobats and swimmers. At one point a man dived from about 50ft above the pool and the next moment a three tier cake stand (my best description of it) rose from the centre of the pool and they all did various dives from it. The mechanics were amazing. When the girls were doing the synchronised swimming with their legs in the air and red high heels on we were convinced they had some sort of chamber down there, they were under so long. They also had a bit of comedy but we couldn’t really make out the story; it seemed to be about a girl who wanted to find a boyfriend. It was hard to know where to look at times, there was so much going on and the finale was beautiful. Walked back to the Venetian to pick up the car and took in the pirate show at Treasure Island on our way back (which was a bit of a come down after what we had just witnessed).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb