Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 21st 2009
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vegas


The journey from Solana Beach to Las Vegas was a great drive if you like to drive through deserts. It was hot in San Diego about 90f but once we reached the Mojave Desert it had reached to 117f which was unbelievably hot. A quick tip is to either travel at night or if you do travel during the day then to carry a liter (minimum) of water with you and to let some air out of your tires (due to heat air will expand and could pop a tire).

The drive from San Diego to Vegas took about five hours. I would recommend to anyone to have a quick stop at one of the rest areas and take a step out of the car to truly experience that kind of heart. Truly unbelievable.

We decided to live the high life in Vegas and booked three nights at the Bellagio. The hotel is amazing with some truly mesmerizing decor in the rooms. We stayed on the 18th floor looking out over the strip - it was surprisingly cheap, around 120 dollars each.

The strip was a cool place to walk along and I would certainly say that you should have a walk around all the casino's if you can as they are all different and very interesting. My favourites were the venetian, Ceasers Palace and the Bellagio.

Food can be very expensive if you decided to eat out so be warned but you can also get cheap buffets if you look around enough.

I would say that three days is the perfect amount of time needed to enjoy Vegas anymore you would be broke and suffering a nervous break down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Las VegasLas Vegas
Las Vegas

The Bellagio main atrium garden
Las VegasLas Vegas
Las Vegas

The Bellagio check in area


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb