Day 9: Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 28th 2009
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had a very unhealthy breakfast: a Nutella crepe, with cappuccino gelato on the side. It was really good. We went to the European pastry shop in our hotel. They have the world’s largest chocolate fountain there. It was not the type of fountain I was expecting, but still really cool. It had 3 different types of chocolate in it. After breakfast, we drove just down the street to our new hotel: The Venetian. We wandered around the hotel before attempting to check in early, which worked, and was a very good idea. The lines can get really long at check-in time, and we didn’t want to wait in it if we didn’t have to. We also got a few vouchers that came with our room. The only one we ended up using was the $50 slot credit. We had to spend the $50, but could cash out whatever we won, which was about $24. It’s not much, but we didn’t have to spend a cent of our own money, so that was nice. And, we even made a little.

They are currently showing “The Phantom of the Opera” at the Venetian, so we decided to splurge and go see it. It was amazing. Andrew Lloyd Webber actually was involved in remaking it to make it a “Las Vegas Spectacular.” We have never seen it in the theater before, but it seemed like some of the elements were probably not normal in other Broadway settings. It had the chandelier, which was hanging over the audience, drop really fast, so it looked like it was going to fall on the people sitting underneath it. (It stopped just in time.) Also, there were fireworks and other pyrotechnics. When they had flames on stage, we could actually feel the warmth sitting in our seats, which were in the second balcony.

After the show, we went outside and got to see the volcano erupt at the Mirage. It was nice and warm outside—very comfortable. We wish it was like that at home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb