Day 8: Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 27th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

M&M'sM&M'sM&M's

Aren't they beautiful?
While we waited to check into our hotel, we walked along the Strip for a little bit. Our first stop was M&M World. It was fun to look at all the different M&M items they had for sale. There was even a free 3-D M&M's movie to watch in a theater there. After we had lunch, we continued our walk along the strip. It was pretty hot, so we walked through some buildings, which were air-conditioned, instead of just walking along the street the whole time. The only problem with walking through the hotels, was that you could get lost in their casinos. The ones we walked through were pretty dark inside, and the exits weren't clearly marked. They definitely want to trap you inside those casinos.

We arrived back at our hotel right about when it was time to check-in. It was an extremely nice hotel. Our room was amazing. Because of the floor we were staying on, we had to insert our hotel key card into a slot in the elevator to be able to access our floor. In our room, we had 3 bathrooms, a living room with a dining area, a wet bar with 2 fridges, and the bedroom. There was a bathroom near the front door, a bathroom that had a huge shower with a built in seat, and a bathroom that had a huge spa tub. Two of the bathrooms had a TV in it. In the bedroom, there was a TV that rose out of a cabinet at the foot of the bed. And, there was a bigger TV in the living room. Also, all the curtains were controlled by a switch, so it was really easy to open and close them.

We walked around some of the hotel. One of the places we went to was the Conservatory. They change the look of it every season. It looks like it was recently changed to have a fall theme. There were HUGE pumpkins, and really cool fountains, with beautiful fall flowers everywhere. And, there were big glass pieces hanging from the ceiling that looked like fall leaves.

A couple places I still want to check out are Cafe Gelato, and the pastry shop, which has a chocolate fountain!!

Oh, and we left the hotel long enough to see the fountains that play every half hour in front of the hotel. They were beautiful and I really want to see them again at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb