Longest running or just longest?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 21st 2006
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Not worth the paper it was printed onNot worth the paper it was printed onNot worth the paper it was printed on

We got the tickets as promised but the timeshare presentation was more exciting than the show!
The morning of my 30th was spent - please check your tickets… At a timeshare presentation. We were picked up and spent 2 hours listening to them crap on about buying 2/52nds of a Las Vegas apartment. We got our free show tickets though!

We caught the bus back to downtown and had a buffet lunch at The Golden Nugget. Two eggs benedicts, eight rashers of bacon, two slices of French toast and two sausages later I was ready for a sleep but we decided to drop into Binions again to take a look at some souvenirs of “The place that made poker famous”. I watched the final four from a no limit tournament to try and get some tips in case I played a tourney during our visit before heading back to the Golden Gate for a sleep.

The show we were booked in for - Folies Bergere - was due to start at 2000 so we caught the 1730 bus from downtown to the Tropicana. Rush hour on the strip is a sight to behold! By 1830 we had only made it to Caesars Palace halfway down the strip. We jumped off and ran (ok - walked briskly) to the Tropicana. As it turned out we made it in plenty of time and despite waiting 15 minutes to be seated at the buffet we made it to the theatre well before the show started.

My French leaves a fair bit to be desired but you can rest assured that Les Folies Bergere translates into English as “shyte topless out of time dancers”. The highlight of the show - aside from the end - was the comedian during the interval. The remainder of the show was supposed to be “a celebration of beautiful women” and each set covered a decade from the turn of the century. Billboards throughout Las Vegas acclaimed the show as the longest running on the strip - I suspect it just felt like the longest.

Note: I bought a t-shirt from the Tropicana souvenir shop with four cards to a royal flush on it that said “I was a jack off in Vegas”.

Note2: We caught the bus back to Downtown with some drunken varsity kids. One of whom was rather noisy and obnoxious - his mate rather observantly pointed out that “you’re that drunk guy on the bus”. We stopped in at a daiquiri bar with a New Orleans theme and had a half yard each (with an extra shot) and proceeded to lose $5 each on the pokies before going to bed around 0200.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb