July 27th-July 28th San Francisco to Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 1st 2009
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

vegas to grand canyon-nikon 013vegas to grand canyon-nikon 013vegas to grand canyon-nikon 013

Checking outt Las Vegas Boulevard
July 2th & 28th San Francisco to Las Vegas

On the road again. As usual ,we got a late start and it took us longer than we expected to reach our destination. We finally made it to Las Vegas, NV! Did you know that there is a KOA campground right on the strip at the Circus Circus Casino? Neither did we but we found it and there we were parking our RV on the Las Vegas strip! Bizarre!

We hooked everything up and then went to check out the town. It is hot here! We were freezing last night in San Francisco and now the air conditioner on the RV can hardly keep up with the heat! We walked about half way down the strip,had a few drinks, took in the sights,played a few slots(won $15=big spender!) and then headed back to the rig. Phil has never been to Vegas and it didn't dissapoint!

The next morning we got up. Phil got in a run-Lori didn't!. We then spent the whole day wallking the strip from one end to the other. I think it's about 4 miles down-8 miles round trip. It was hot as he@#! 112 degrees1!!!!!
vegas to grand canyon-nikon 014vegas to grand canyon-nikon 014vegas to grand canyon-nikon 014

Phil got arrested in Margaritaville!
Whoever says that it's no humidity so it's not as hot is lying-IT WAS HOT!!!!! The only thing that doesn't happen is that you don't sweat! We didn't take too many pictures because it was just too hot to take the camera out and make the effort! I like the hot weather but this is ridiculous! We didn't go into the casinos to gamble but to take in the air conditioning and have a drink.

Early evening we got back to the RV, took a dip in the pool and then walked the strip again. we are gluttons for punishment! We ended the night at Margaritaville having some appetizers and drinks and listening to a good band. Grand Canyon tomorrow. Can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb