Finally another wi-fi spot!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 30th 2008
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

V. Sattui WineryV. Sattui WineryV. Sattui Winery

Our first stop. Traci's first ever, and a perfect choice!
SO - We're just outside Las Vegas, sitting in a Starbucks, and 3.99 later we have internet access for a couple hours. So, instead of spending time now describing everything, here's a run down of the locations we've been since the last update and the photos, which may or may not be in order... We'll explain things later.

Santa Rosa, Sonoma/Napa Valley, San Francisco (Downtown and some of the outlying Marin Highlands) Santa Cruz, San Jose (only one photo of the Palmer West Campus) Death Valley, CA & Death Valley National Park, and a quick sunset shot from Nevada as a hint of things to come.

Up next - Las Vegas New Year's & The Grand Canyon, Arizona!

-Nick & Traci

UPDATE:
The first stretch of photos is from Napa/Sonoma. We have amassed a wonderful collection of wines from around the area, all of which are only available for sale in the wineries - no shipping or wholesaling to liquor stores or specialty shops - not even restaurants!
Next, we move along to San Francisco. We meandered around the Wharf and Pier 39, caught some sea lion action, and grabbed some grub from Wipeout Bar & Grill,
Salut!Salut!Salut!

Enjoying our first sampling at V. Sattui
a Surf Themed sea-side eatery. We moved to Union Square and Downtown (Not many photos) with a mission; to find the ultimate New Year's Eve attire - Vegas Style.
Next are some shots of the Marin Highlands. These are the winding hills north of San Francisco. If you go high enough and far enough west, you can overlook the Golden Gate and see the entire city.
We then headed southwest, to Santa Cruz, a hip seaside town with gorgeous ocean views, friendly eclectic shops and people, and an overall awesome "green" vibe.
After, we headed inland to San Jose. Primarily, I wanted to check out the Palmer West campus - however it was undergoing renovations for the Winter break, and I had limited time and access to the facilities. It's small, and older than Palmer Florida, but still nice enough with all the adequate facilities needed to become a competent Chiropractor.
After our short stint there, we began the trek back East. Hopping on 101 and I-5 we found out way into Sequoia National Forest, and eventually Death Valley National Park. I think the photos really speak for themselves so I'll leave it at that.
We end with some sunset
V. Sattui V. Sattui V. Sattui

Aging wine in oak barrels in a stone basement. Very cool.
shots and a view from Nevada, about 60 miles from Las Vegas. Which continues in the next entry :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

In the cellarIn the cellar
In the cellar

at V. Sattui
Napa Valley!Napa Valley!
Napa Valley!

Welcome!
DSCN1381DSCN1381
DSCN1381

Welcome, closer
DSCN1382DSCN1382
DSCN1382

Some of the oldest vines in the valley....
DSCN1383DSCN1383
DSCN1383

closeup
One sweet ride...One sweet ride...
One sweet ride...

Traci's dream ride... infinite MPGs...
Opus Dei WineryOpus Dei Winery
Opus Dei Winery

Fancy pants winery that only did tastings by appointment.
ViansaViansa
Viansa

Gates to the Tasting room and Marketplace
ViansaViansa
Viansa

Main welcome sign
KundeKunde
Kunde

Grapes winding up and down the hills, and the entry way to the Kunde Caves where they age their wines.
The best wine slogan ever...The best wine slogan ever...
The best wine slogan ever...

At Kunde, who has many green eco friendly initiatives in place
St. FrancisSt. Francis
St. Francis

Our last stop on our day long tour. Quite possibly the best, most friendly winery in the area - at least that we experienced!
Pier 39Pier 39
Pier 39

The famous Pier 39 harbor seals & sea lions
Pier 39 lovePier 39 love
Pier 39 love

how cute!
Lombard St. Lombard St.
Lombard St.

After an infinitely long line up the hill, we descend down the World's Most Crooked Street


3rd January 2009

WOW!
What a wonderful adventure you and Traci are on.....Your pictures are worth a thousand words......You are both so happy and having the time of your lives......Oh, to be young again! Hum!!!! We are so happy for both of you and so thrilled in seeing your pictures and getting to talk to you whenever we can.......We love you both very much! We miss you lots too! Mom and Dad up in the frigid state of Maine....PS Memere says "Hi" too.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb