Day 17 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 1st 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had a lovely relaxing morning beside the pool to wind down and catch some UV's. Kid's really enjoyed themselves and it was well earned.

Later we headed out to explore the rest of the hotels on the Strip and what they each had to offer. First one, Excalhibur (A Medieval theme). Ashleigh & Jordan wanted to do the Spongebob 4D ride that is advertised everywhere. As it cost $10 each, Steve and I sat outside and held our breathes until they emerged - both were very disappointed and said, "it sucked". Oh well, win some, lose some...

Next New York New York - an awesome facade of the New York skyscrapers on the outside and NY themed stores in the shopping area. OK, but nothing special.

Further down we went into the Bellagio foyer and checked out their pool and public spaces - what oppulance and grandier - a very classy affair. I could stay here!!! Not many kids around for some reason??? But lots of brides with their older fathers/husbands-to-be??

Our favourite by far was Caesars Palace and it's Forum shopping precinct - absolutely beautiful and so large you felt like you were outside in Rome when in fact it's all a facade. Took heaps and heaps of photos but I'm sure they won't do it justice. Kids enjoyed the 3 storey toy store selling everything a spoilt kid could possibly want, including totally realistic baby dolls which even breath!!

Had dinner at the Mirage in a Deli style restaurant - decided to share two meals between us once we saw the size of their portions. Some people had this cornbeef stack sandwhich which must have been 30cm high piled on their plate!!! We all fought over the mashed spuds and gravy instead.

Later we went to the Cirque Du Soleil show "Mystere". Had excellent seats thank goodness considering I had booked over the phone from home. All of us enjoyed watching this high energy circus cum gymnastics cum comedy show for an hour and a half but we felt it wasn't as good as some of the shows we have seen, but all in all a good night out.

Kids knackered by now so we took the double decker bus back down the strip and called it a night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb