Back in Vegas for the last day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 26th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Tuesday 26th August
Travelling back to Las Vegas today, we set out after I had had my gym fix in Barstow at Anytime Fitness gym!! We were soon into the heat of the Mojave Desert with air con on full at 90+ all the way. After a 2 hour drive, we arrived in Vegas and decided to check into our hotel/casino first, so we could drop off our ever expanding luggage before returning the hire car.

We are staying at the Excalibur Casino, with the theme being Knights of the Round Table/ Sherwood Forest etc. The outside looks like a castle, with turrets and all! These casino/hotels are really OTT! Anyway, it is a lovely hotel - particularly luxurious for the both of us, after the canvas tent from the past 3 days!

We dropped the car back at the rental place, and both got a little emotional as we said goodbye to our beloved 3rd member of the road trip team. She/he has served us well, and we were informed by the rental staff that we had covered 4,012 miles in 27 days! Wow, that was certainly a genuine road trip. As we handed over the keys, we also noted that we had spotted a total of 275 Chrysler Cruisers (our original car before our upgrade) since leaving Vegas on our journey.

It was then time to catch a shuttle bus back to the casino for some well earned R & R. We donned our swimming gear and headed for the pool - or pools, as we found out the casino had 4 of them in a huge outdoor area on the ground floor. We soon realised that this was the life, and wished we had a couple more days to spare!

The night brought an evening out in Vegas, but this time we decided to cover the areas Amy had not seen yet, notably old Las Vegas in the form of Freemont Street; this was the original start of the Strip, and was much more “Old Style” Casinos and entertainment. This was followed by a return to the south end of the new Strip to see Casinos such as the MGM, Luxor, New York, New York, and the Mandalay Bay. Another late night ensued, despite the fact we needed to be up at 8am to get to the airport to catch our flight back to the East Coast, landing in Rhode Island.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb