Vegas Baby!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 22nd 2007
Published: August 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I landed in Vegas on Sunday afternoon. I was sitting alone on the plane and just kept saying "oh my god!" out loud. It's amazing how much you can see when you are landing. I got off the plane and immediately heard the sounds of slot machines... in the airport!! Dave and I got to the hotel and then met the rest of the group. Sunday night was spent just walking arond to some of the hotels taking it all in. Its definitely an "ooh" and "awe" experience when its your first time. We hung out in Caeser's Palace and Treasure Island and then went over to this Piano Bar for the rest of the night.

On Monday we woke up and it was pretty much already 100 degrees. We spent the morning at the pool and then went over to Harrah's for a lunch buffet. The five of us put down some serious food. I hadn't had anything to eat for a while and we demolished the buffet. After we filled our stomachs and could barely walk, we went over to the Venetian. They have gandala rides and a wax museum. We spent the afternoon in the sports bar where people can bet on just about any sporting event in the country. They have about 20 - 30 TVS together with every baseball game, horse race, and anything else on tv all at the same time. Sox won, Yanks lost, and we left happy! There is a Margaritaville right next door to the hotel so Monday night I spent some serious $ and time at the store and bar "wasting away".

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb