Boobs, bling and one armed bandits


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 20th 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Only had a short flight from San Fran but we were both feeling a bit dazed and confused by the time we got to Vegas. Its a bit bizarre to be greeted by gambling machines before you have even made it through customs! The shuttle bus took us around quite a few of the hotels so we got to see a good bit of the strip before we made it to our hotel.

The place we were staying in was called "The Orleans" and was a good few miles from the main action but was still a fairly big place. We arrived on a Saturday night so the place was heaving with people drinking and gambling - we just felt a bit out of place! Apart from looking around we did not do too much apart from get some dinner at TGI Fridays. The whole of the lower floor was a huge casino with lots of bright lights, bars, card tables, and gambling machines.

We spent the next few days exploring the strip - seeing all the main casino hotels like Ceasars, the Bellagio and New York, New York. It was great to see them all and the first two were really plush - but they all seemed really similar once you were inside, however some were seedier than others! The strip itself is a mad place with lots of bright lights and huge TV screens. There were lots of Mexicans working the strip trying to tempt the punters with "in room" strippers - no wonder there are security guards near the elevators!

Both enjoyed being in Vegas and it was an interesting place to end the trip on - did have to be very careful though not to spend too much money - its a place that it would be very easy to get carried away in!

Well that's it for the travelling as Vegas was our last destination - have had a fab time and have many happy and funny memories. but reality is calling and it's time to go back to cold old England and find some jobs again in 'The Real World'. Boooo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb