Las Vegas Nevada Recreational Cannabis Visitors Guide


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 5th 2018
Published: December 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Las Vegas Cannabis Visitors Guide




With Nevada's recent decision to legalize recreational cannabis, many visitors have expressed both desires and concerns regarding Las Vegas. You can lose all of your fear and loathing, however, when visiting the city. The following is a visitor's guide on recreational Cannabis is Las Vegas, Nevada.

Restrictions on the Sale of Recreational Cannabis

As in every other state that has legalized cannabis for recreational purposes, customers must be of at least 21 years of age, with a valid, government-issued I.D. The amount of cannabis that can be bought is also restricted. Customers are only allowed to buy ounce per transaction at any dispensary in Las Vegas, Nevada. Unfortunately, credit and debit cards cannot be used to purchase recreational cannabis in Las Vegas. Most dispensaries will only accept cash as payment for legal cannabis. If you have forgotten all your cash at home or in the hotel room, however, there is no reason to fret just yet. Each dispensary in the Las Vegas , Nevada area contains a working and functional ATM machine to extract your cash from and get in on that sweet, legal, recreational kush!

Restrictions on the Consumption of Recreational Cannabis

The state of Nevada's recreational cannabis law states that users are only permitted to smoke or otherwise consume cannabis within a private residence. This means that you can only consume your recreational cannabis in your home or that of someone else. No public property is safe or legal to consume cannabis inside of, while in Las Vegas, Nevada, including public parks and hotel or motel rooms. If you are in search of a cannabis-friendly hotel to stay at while in Vegas, be sure to check out The Travel Joint. The fine for consuming recreational cannabis in public starts at $600. Another important tip to remember is never to consume recreational cannabis in a motor vehicle. Even if your car is stationary, if you are caught smoking in a motor vehicle, you can get charged with a DUI that haunts your record for years to come. Although the temptation might be strong, you also cannot consume recreational cannabis in any of Las Vegas's renowned casinos. Las Vegas casinos are regulated by the federal government, therefore, as long as cannabis remains illegal at a federal level , you will not be able to consume your recreational cannabis inside of any casino.

Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas

Aside from 4/20 festivals and events, there are plenty of fun activities to participate in all year in Las Vegas. Check out the downtown arts festival which occurs on the first Friday of every month. Simply taking a stroll down Las Vegas's Freemont Street is a sure way to find something to get into as well. You could also invest in a few tickets to one Vegas's legendary Cirque Du Soleil shows. If you don't enjoy the nightlife as much as most visitors of Las Vegas , you can always visit the Red Rock Canyon for some quality time with nature and an extensive hiking adventure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb