28th June, 2009. Travel To South Lake Tahoe, Nevada.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Lake Tahoe
July 1st 2009
Published: July 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

28th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

Up and out of Reno, over some big hills and down into Carson City (another Nevada Casino town), passed through quickly and onto the bottom of the Sierra Mountains (forever crossing these), a climb up to 7500ft and then dropped down to Lake Tahoe, absolutely stunning, not a cloud in the sky and the Lake flatter than a pancake, followed the Lake around until we hit California (it's like a line in the sand, Nevada border has Casino's right to the edge, California nill).
Only travelled a distance of 57 miles today so were at the RV Park way to early, booked in and then we were shooed away until 1pm. Lovely Park, huge spaces and all around us a sequoia tree forest (BIG pine trees).
Settled in and then off downtown to have a look at the Craft and Art market, some great stuff available for purchase but again these guys think their stuff is much better than the dearest retailer - and again they weren't selling anything (funny that).
Then Sam spotted a Casino with a show that night (Sunday), so we booked seats before heading back to camp.
The show "Celebrity Cabaret" performed by men dressed as women - they impersonated Dolly Parton, Cher, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Reba McIntrye, Bett Midler and did a pretty good job BUT they had a compare, 77 year old Gypsy, a very famous performer who has won Emmy's, been nominated for two Oscars etc etc, he had us in fits, no one escaped his attention, two hours of laughter and entertainment, a night to remember.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

28th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 00828th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 008
28th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 008

Casino in South Lake Tahoe, the Californian border is this side of the building
28th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 01228th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 012
28th June, 2009. Travel to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada & California 012

Gondolas going up to Mt Heavenly in South Tahoe


Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb