Day 6: London Bridge and Lake Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Henderson
September 25th 2009
Published: September 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Grand Canyon today and decided to take a detour to visit the London Bridge in Lake Havasu City, AZ. It was the furthest south that we will go on our trip. The bridge is the actual London Bridge, and was disassembled and brought here when it was purchased by a man, who probably thought he was getting the Tower Bridge. They created a "Little London" right by the bridge. There is an English Pub, a small theater, and a few eateries, and the buildings have an English look to them. They even have the dragon statues that mark the entrance to the City of London in the real London. And there is also a fountain that's similar to fountains you would see in London. It was a cute little area, but it was so incredibly hot. Our car thermometer said that it was 105 degrees at one point. (It went up to 108 degrees when we were driving to Lake Las Vegas.)

After our London stop, we continued on our way to the hotel, which is right on Lake Las Vegas. You could see Las Vegas off in the distance as we made our way to the hotel.
Loews Lake Lake VegasLoews Lake Lake VegasLoews Lake Lake Vegas

View from our hotel room
It was fun to recognize some of the buildings from far away. The area where our hotel is is really nice. The buildings in there are all so beautiful. Our hotel is actually a resort, with a few restaurants, pools, and spa facilities. The outside area of the hotel was really beautiful, and sunset was so pretty there.

Advertisement



28th September 2009

Vegas
It impressed us also how far away you could see places. Never visited the bridge.

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb