Day 2 - Hoover Dam/ Las Vegas


Advertisement
Published: May 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hoover DamHoover DamHoover Dam

Rylan & Julia
Hi Everyone,

Today we went to Hoover Dam, Kids liked it a lot. We went down 500+ feet into the dam and went into the generator room on the Nevada side, and we went into the diversion pipe line cave that houses the huge pipe. We had enough water flowing under us, they said it would fill a olympic size swimming pool in one minute. You could feel the rumbling under your feet, pretty powerful. We then went up and walked to Arizona for the fun of it. Took pictures of the Dam and the new extension bridge that is being built for traffic to use so they have better flow to Arizona.

We cruised the Old down town strip, now called the Freemont Experience. Then we cruised the new Las Vegas strip. We stopped at Circus Circus and had fun! The kids loved it, they have fun stories to tell about what they saw and did. They moaned about having to go in because they are tired, but they came out with huge smiles and stories to tell.

We then went to New York, New York and the kids rode the roller coaster twice! They loved that!

We went back to the Freemont Experience this evening and took pictures. Julia was interviewed by a guy and broadcasted up on the ceiling for the world to see. The interview took time, but I couldn't hear what was being said. Their was a huge event going on, on the strip and with the ceiling, you couldn't hear well. Tons apon tons of people out and they had a parade that lasted well over an hour. We finally called it quits for the evening, totally exhausted.

We are off to the Grand Canyon tomorrow!

Later,
Heidi & Pam


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Rylan & JuliaRylan & Julia
Rylan & Julia

We had to separate them, so different states were necessary!
Freemont ExperienceFreemont Experience
Freemont Experience

Here is Pam & Julia in front of the Old Las Vegas sign.
Julia's InterviewJulia's Interview
Julia's Interview

This was the only thing up on the screen for 3 blocks.


16th May 2010

another good day
I showed Mannie your pix, she got all excited about the bridge. They travel that way a lot. She was disappointed it is not finished yet, they will be going that way again soon. Keep the blogs coming. XXXOOO

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb