Yellowstone


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
August 11th 2015
Published: August 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

YellowstoneYellowstoneYellowstone

One of many Gieser Basins
We arrived in Montana and the first thing we see driving to the camp ground right outside Yellowstone National park is a Moose playing in a small pond. We pulled over and watched it play for several minutes before moving on. It was fun to watch and a nice break before setting up camp. The first thing we learned being in Montana is that it is very cold. Night time gets down in the low 50's and it really doesn't warm up until 2-3 in the afternoon. At that time it only gets up to the mid 70's at best. We headed off to the park the next morning and had a great bike ride, We put on 200 miles in the park with many stops along the way. We visited the Geiser area and then headed on to Old Faithful area. We waited an hour after enjoying a really good ice cream cone to see Old Faithful blow off. It was well worth the wait to see and then we moved on to enjoying the day. We were left some nice firewood so we sat and enjoyed a fire until the cold was too much to take. The following day we stayed in and relaxed as the rain was coming in and it was not going to be a nice day for doing anything outside. After the rain left we then enjoyed an afternoon visiting an encampment and walking the downtown going through some of the shops and picking out a few souvenirs before heading back to camp. The next day we took a ride down to the Grand Teton National Park which is about 80 miles away from camp. What a wonderful ride it was with more great riding and sights along the way. The weather today was awesome for riding so we enjoyed it and followed up with a nice steak dinner before heading back to camp. We then headed to the north and west side of the park on the Harley and enjoyed a great day riding there. We did hit some road construction in the park that was a bit of a drag but all in all it was wonderful. While many people were running through fields trying to catch a picture of the Bison we were on a back road and found one walking the Highway as you will see. We then took the Razor on the last day and rode it through the forests and unimproved mountain roads. It was a great day and we saw many wonderful sights from the quite roads others cant go on. After 4 days of solid riding I will be giving my burnt nose and face a break pulling the camper up to Glacier National Park. It is now time to pack up camp and get ready to leave. We will enjoy the ride up there as it is freezing cold here and fairly warm there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Gieser FieldGieser Field
Gieser Field

Hot steaming pond
Grand Teton RideGrand Teton Ride
Grand Teton Ride

Just a great view
Kathy wants to pet the Bison?Kathy wants to pet the Bison?
Kathy wants to pet the Bison?

Bison at Yellowstone
Lewis Lake on our way back to camp. Lewis Lake on our way back to camp.
Lewis Lake on our way back to camp.

The water is so clear you can see down and the rocks look like you are holding them in your hand.
Kathy and her grocery getterKathy and her grocery getter
Kathy and her grocery getter

Time for seat belt, LOL....


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb