6/30/13 - Glasgow, MT to Browning, MT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
June 30th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

6/30/13 - Soooo glad to be out of the mosquitos and gnats of Glasgow, MT. Headed for Browning, MT where we will spend a couple of days touring Glacier National Park.

Had a long day on the road to reach Sleeping Wolf Campground which I had called twice today letting them know we were on the way only to arrive to a closed rv park which was way overgrown with grass, only water and electricity. A man stopped us and informed us that the park was closed, but we could pull in, pick a spot and someone would come by the next day to collect, YEAH RIGHT. This same person said there was a park about eight miles further down the road. We headed out. Got to Aspenwood RV Park and at first blush was not impressed at all. The park consisted of a restaurant, a cabin, and 10 rv spots which had only electricity and water with a dump station.

After going in and speaking with the lady owner, who was very nice we decided to stay here for our visit to Glacier National Park. After settling in, it was not bad to be parked in the middle of a horse pasture :-). The kids had pretty much free rein of the area with a pond behind the owenrs house, 4 horses for them to pet and feed. One man, part owner; gave Briar some fireworks to shoot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb