Yellowstone Nat. Park (Yogi Bear Country) but not one to be seen!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » West Yellowstone
September 7th 2015
Published: September 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

YELLOWSTONE PARK, MONTANA. REST DAY
Today a group of 15 of us hired a van, and with Tom as guide and driver, set off at 7 am to visit the Park, on the doorstep of the town. It was an enjoyable and long day, arriving back at camp at 5.30pm. Tom showed us all of his favourite places in the park, he has been here numerous times.
Firstly went to Old Faithful Geyser which goes off about every two hours. Unfortunately didn't see it as we were out on the walkway. Did however see many other steaming geysers, aquamarine hot water ponds, petrified trees from the heat and sulphur content of the water.There is also an amazing hotel built at the old Faithful site.
We saw numerous huge Bison(Buffalo), much larger in size to those seen in Alaska and the Yukon), by the road, and paddock, Elk, Deer, Eagle. No wolves. The wolf here is the Timber Wolf, reintroduced to control the other wild life numbers.
We had many stops and took far to many photos. Was an enjoyable day. An earlier night as the next eight days are huge and likely devoid of power and phone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb