Montana----The last best place! Estab: 1889


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Red Lodge
August 3rd 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are in my favorite place in the world----Montana!

A few days ago we left Jackson, WY and went to Teton Village and rode the tram to the very tippy top---it makes the tram in Squaw Valley seem like nothing---three times as high and far more spectacular of a view. We did the bungee jump there too and drove back into Yellowstone. We crossed the Continental Divide many times and got ice cream at Old "Faith" ful. We watched it erupt which was kinda cool and then we saw lots of moose and critters in Yellowstone and tons of geysers. We checked into Mammoth Hot Springs and then went to a local hot springs on the WY/MT border called Boiling River.

The next day we rode horses through the areas around Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. We saw lots of bison and elk skeletons, aspen, and wildflowers. Driving we had to stop for several herds of wild buffalo.

We left Yellowstone and wound our way through 4 hours of the Beartooth Mts. where we actually played in the snow on August 1---see the photos if you can't believe it. We finally entered our beloved Montana and got into Red Lodge....the best place on earth. We ate with our friends there and went sightseeing and then went in our hot tub at our rental cabin.

The next day I interviewed wonderful locals about the Red Lodge rodeo and other cool things like local history and about the ski resort and then we went to dinner..... ( my first time to sleep in, for over a month---that morning).

We took a horse drawn wagon ride around town.

Today we drove to just outside Roundup, MT to our friends' Runamuk Ranch and (this time no 9 hour cattle drive upon arrival like last time four years ago)---we ate dinner and took a short ride after dinner. It was breezy all day and about 75-80 degrees....just beautiful!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Playing in the snow on August 1 in WYPlaying in the snow on August 1 in WY
Playing in the snow on August 1 in WY

52 degrees in the Beartooth Mts.
Nothing a herd of wild buffalo can't stop!Nothing a herd of wild buffalo can't stop!
Nothing a herd of wild buffalo can't stop!

Always stop for a 2000 pound animal that snorts.
Roundup, MTRoundup, MT
Roundup, MT

Screened porch from heaven


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb