It's a slow take off


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Kalispell
October 12th 2011
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Where to eat in Broadus Where to eat in Broadus Where to eat in Broadus

Should you find yourself in Broadus, MT, this place is a GEM. Cute kitch and really good food. The cook/owner couldn't be more accommodating.
Geo: 48.2016, -114.315

Our six month adventure begins with one really slow drive to Phoenix. Slow because we're sidetracking--instead of running straight south to Arizona we're heading southeast through a tip of Wyoming, then South Dakota, Iowa, & Illinois, then south through Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma & Texas, and finally directly west at San Antonio to skirt along the New Mexico/Mexico border until we can head north to Phoenix--where we park for 2 months.

We drove through some really beautiful country, some of the most surprising to me was southeast Montana. Broadus, which was always a little too cowboy for even the cowboy country of Miles City as far as I was concerned, earned points for an adorable pink eatery you really shouldn't miss, should you ever find yourself nearby and hungry. Even a little bit hungry.

But it was the wide open prairie that surprised me the most. You can see SO FAR. Kalispell is surrounded by 5 mountain ranges--the furthest we can see is about 30 miles into Glacier National Park, but in this country you can see to the ends of the earth. The sky opens up and pumps straight oxygen into your lungs.

The next day as we neared Mitchell, SD, I knew I had to see the much touted Corn Palace. What exactly IS a corn palace, anyway? The interest is on the outside--you can skip going in.

Then it was on to the beautiful rolling hills of Iowa. I'm not kidding. Iowa is lovely. I was blown away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Corn cob artCorn cob art
Corn cob art

See the individual corn cobs? The whole mural--actually the whole side of the building, is covered with this unique medium.


22nd January 2012

Hi Karen, Hi BobWe will enjoy your travel log and your pictureshave funPat and Nancy
22nd January 2012

Thanks! We enjoyed meeting you at the Secret Garden. Enjoy the Galapagos--you'll have to tell us about your adventures.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb