Fourth day in Glacier


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mormon Alberta TempleMormon Alberta TempleMormon Alberta Temple

Located in Cardston, Alberta, this is a huge Mormon Temple. This was a Saturday and apparently an appointed day for photos of couples renewing vows or having pictureds made on the temple grounds, thus the bride in the picture.
Geo: 48.6829, -113.799

Saturday, October 11th - Attempted hike to Bertha Falls in Waterton Lakes NP but it was too snowy. Drove back to Many Glacier, hiked around Swiftcurrent Lake then did Apikuni Falls trail. Drove on to St. Mary. Motel - Red Eagle Motel - interesting place. No one on duty but sign said rooms available with a phone # to call. We called and got a room - we were the only ones there. On checking into the room, Anne looked out the window and noticed water pouring from the second floor. Turned out to be frozen pipes on second floor, fortunately not affecting our room. The motel had a TV - with two very fuzzy stations. All this for $80 per night - but an experience and maybe better than $250 at the only other lodge open in St. Mary.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

From the Apikuni Falls TrailFrom the Apikuni Falls Trail
From the Apikuni Falls Trail

On the way out of the Many Glacier area we stopped and hiked to Apikuni Falls. This was taken from that trail.
Swiftcurrent LakeSwiftcurrent Lake
Swiftcurrent Lake

After leaving Waterton Lakes NP in Canada we drove to the Many Glacier area of Glacier NP and hiked around this lake.
Across Swiftcurrent LakeAcross Swiftcurrent Lake
Across Swiftcurrent Lake

Taken from the trail around Swiftcurrent Lake
Many Glacier LodgeMany Glacier Lodge
Many Glacier Lodge

Taken from the Southwestern side of Swiftcurrent Lake, this huge old lodge was closed, as were all the lodging options within the park at this time of year.
Montana landscapeMontana landscape
Montana landscape

The land around the park between the US and Canada is gently rolling hills that abut the rugged mountains of the parks.
Babb, MT, United Methodist ChurchBabb, MT, United Methodist Church
Babb, MT, United Methodist Church

At the foot of the mountains, this little UMC church was too tempting a photo op to pass up


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb