7/1/13 - Glacier National Park - Going to the Sun Highway


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7/1/13 - We drove over to Glacier National Park to drive the "Going to the Sun" highway. This is a 50 mile (oneway) trip through Glacier National Park. It was very scenic with sneaux, waterfalls, cliffs, creeks, bottomless valleys, and glaciers.

Dakota had a snowball fight with Briar and Nanama (Aleta). We also drove past West Glacier up a rough dirt/gravel road to the Canadian border. The border crossing (way in the boonies) was closed with no one present. There was a camera watching the border crossing. A deer ran off just as we were coming onto the site. Dakota and Briar made it all the way to the Canadian border.

We stopped in West Glacier on the way back to eat at the Glacier Restaurant - pricey!! We then drove the Going to the Sun highway in the opposite direction. Oh, there was a long wait for road construction on the way over, but the workers were gone on the return trip.

Of some 150 glaciers in Glacier National Park only about 25 remain and they predict they will all be gone by 2030!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 82, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb