Montana...another long drive...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bozeman
August 28th 2017
Published: November 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Deadwood to Bozeman is another long drive....7 hours by google map, or put it simply, another 430 miles. most of it is through the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation.



We were not in any hurry today. The next big stop is the Yellowstone National Park. But accommodation in the park is not the cheapest, and I'm still chasing my status achievement on Starwood. Good I have some points left with SPG...a night in the simple Element in Bozeman is a whopping 260usd a night. So we spent few points....got a nice upgrade with a nice kitchen.



The drive is a pretty nice one. Nothing amazing on the way, very few people living around here too. We spotted some wildlife....and many more flowers on the way. Not a lot of pictures here. I'm doing a blog to add to the list of States I've slept or blogged from. As you can guess, next blog will be much more fun!



Bozeman is the biggest city in Montana. This is another state without any sales taxes. I've seen it in Oregon before, this is it. Always welcome to actually pay the price that is advertised and not to have to make the additional math! They have a local museum, but we arrived too late after the closing hours..



The hotel was a great stay. They have a free happy hour for all the guests, nothing to bite on, but some pretty decent wine...and a very lively lobby during this time of the early afternoon. But better, we have a basic kitchen. I love those ones...best way to keep the budget at the decent level. Not specially that we are saving money at the end of the day....but a nice steak of tuna, nice veggies and a serious bottle of wine is definitively nicer than any fast food or salad bar in a Whole Foods.



Not a lot to write bout Bozeman. Looks like a cute little city turn to the outdoor world! Tomorrow, we are waking up very early again....long day discovering one, if not the most iconic National Park in the United States...I name Yellowstone. This will be our last national park for the trip. We have made a pretty good use of our National Park yearly pass.



Little note, no need to bring our swimsuit next time. These hotels all have a swimming pool. But i didn't remember the level of chlorine they were using...pretty repulsive to walk in any covered swimming pool in the States. Worst than my school years!



For lunch, we stopped in Billings to Fuddruckers. This is another burger chain....but what a place! Here, you simply order the size of the meat you want and they cook it to order....than you chose the cheese you want....after this, it's just a huge buffet to build your own burger....and your own side salad if you want. Great place, sadly, this is the only one we saw on the way for the coming days of our trip. It was actually a very good deal for your money. Not all burger chains are equal when it comes to quality...some are actually pretty nice in the States!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb