Day 9 - Billings, Montana InZane 17 Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Billings
June 28th 2017
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Day 2 of InZane 2017 in Billings, MT!

We started the day early with a free breakfast provided by the VRCC, then a nice walk around the hotel taking pictures of some of the bikes that I missed last night.

Later in the day, we decided to go for a ride to nowhere in particular. We headed out of town going east on I-90. A little while down the road I saw a sign for Pictographs State Park. I made a snap decision and we took the exit. Turning up a side road following the signs, we had a nice 20 minute ride on a winding one lane road through picturesque Montana countryside. After a bit, we came to Pictographs State Park.

The Pictograph, Middle and Ghost caves were home to generations of prehistoric hunters. A loop trail allows visitors to view the rock paintings, known as pictographs, that are still visible in Pictograph Cave. Prehistoric hunters who camped in Pictograph Cave left behind artifacts and over 100 pictographs, or rock paintings. The oldest rock art in the cave is over 2,000 years old. Very cool.

By the time we were done exploring, it was beginning to rain. Grossing wet cattle grates on a motorcycle is always an exciting experience!

After visiting the caves, we decided to stop for a quick lunch. This is where things all went wrong. Something I ate did not agree with me at all. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it vehemently disagreed with me. Due to this, we spent most of the rest of the day in the room.

Unfortunately, my stomach discomfort caused us to miss the ride to the block party, so no video today. Really sorry about that! From what I heard in talking to returning riders, it was a good time.

I was feeling a little better later on and we rode to dinner at Montana's Rib and Chop house. This restaurant was billed as the best steakhouse in Montana and Wyoming. I don't know if that's true but it was pretty good, just the same. Mrs. Alien and I had ribeyes with baked potatoes. The steaks were served on 500 degree plates and were splattering grease all over the butcher paper table cloth. The baked potatoes were great big Idaho Russets, as big as two fists. Needless to say, the refrigerator in our room has plenty of leftovers for midnight snacking.

Tomorrow - We will be taking a ride to the Muzzle Loader Café for breakfast, then back to the hotel for the Bike Rodeo (video and pics promised), then we will be assisting Motomamma in baking the pies for the evening's charity pie auction and, of course, the blow out party!

Stay tuned, and sorry again for the lighter than usual content today. If you're ever in Billings, MT at the Cracker Barrel, I recommend avoiding the Ruben sandwich. It's a day killer.



See you on the road,

Alien


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



28th June 2017

Looks and sounds like a great day 9
Keep up the great pictures and blog of InZane daily. Sounds and looks like a lot of fun!!

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb