Nature hike and a show


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri
August 8th 2008
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Really gorgeous day - we even spent some time on our porch for the first time since we've been here. We went to a nearby conservation center and took a little walk around. We think we saw a glade, which is a relatively tree-less area with lots of grasses and wildflowers. (Sounds like a clearing in the woods to me, but it's a 'glade') It was nice, and a great day for some walking around.
On the way there, we noticed that there was about ten times more traffic in the area than there had been during the week. Besides the normal weekend visitors, this weekend there is a big classic auto event here that brings in even more people. On our way to our 8pm show, it took us 50 minutes for the same trip that had been taking 10 minutes during the week.
The show was terrific - the group is called SIX. They are an a capella group consisting of six brothers and they were very entertaining. They used just their voices to produce what seemed like a full band backing them up. They've been in Branson for over a year after performing in Las Vegas for 3 years. They all have children and wanted to move somewhere a little more tame than Vegas. Amazing vocals mixed with some funny routines.
Hopefully, tomorrow the weather will be just as nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb