Nice weather today!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri
August 6th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Only around 90 degrees with much less humidity. We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas today and had a great time. It's a very interesting little town - very artsy shops run by ex-hippies and artists. The buildings were mostly Victorian style from the late 19th century. Most of the city seems to be a historic district, and all of the homes and shops and grounds were beautifully maintained and painted. And everything is on a insanely steep hill - the next street over is really the next street up.

Lots of pictures for you to see, plus a couple from around our resort.

Tomorrow - the canoe trip. To prepare, today I got a T-shirt that reads "PADDLE FASTER - I think I hear banjo music ..."




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Facade of a late 19th century hotel.Facade of a late 19th century hotel.
Facade of a late 19th century hotel.

Lots of hotels were also "bath houses". Looked for Bette Midler, but no luck.
Sweet SpringSweet Spring
Sweet Spring

One of the 60-some springs in Eureka Springs. This is a slow one - water is on the left side of the rock.
Sculpture GardenSculpture Garden
Sculpture Garden

With a bubble machine - on the right - that was blowing bubbles all over the street!
Some ShopsSome Shops
Some Shops

We tried to steal the third one from the bottom to use a a sign on our garage.
Architecture StuffArchitecture Stuff
Architecture Stuff

Allison says: An example of lovely decorative wrought iron and architectural detailing. (I think she's trying to get a job with 'Souther Living')
Spring StreetSpring Street
Spring Street

Some shops - notice the green house on the street behind, or up from, the shops.
We went all this way ...We went all this way ...
We went all this way ...

... and we are STILL in Carroll County.


7th August 2008

Had to be said!
"Jeff's got a real pretty mouth on him, don't he?"
7th August 2008

Great Pics
Oh what gorgeous photos!! Are you going down white water, or a gentle canoe ride? HANG ON!!. Thanks for sharing! Susan

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb