Edit Blog Post
Published: September 29th 2018
The following things have happened to us in the last 30 days:
· I hit a large fencing nail on the highway and blew-out a tire on my SUV
· The coil on a garage door just randomly decided to break, shoot off and swing around and cause some other minor damage in our garage and to my SUV.
· I accidentally knocked-over and destroyed hubby’s 65 inch, UHD, 4K TV (which was replaced within 24 hours, for the record)
· The TV slammed my thumb on the way down which caused some major damage to the nerves in my left thumb to the point that I can’t even carry a purse with that hand or grip anything tight
· I almost ran over some dear co-workers and crashed into some cars at work because it seemed as though the breaks in my SUV suddenly disappeared. $262 later, it was something else (related to the earlier tire replacement apparently).
· After having my vehicle towed and catching a ride home with a co-worker, I was locked-out of my house for two hours
· The day after I get my vehicle back, hubby is on his way to work and a deer runs out in front of him… he now has hoofmarks on the side of his new car ☹
· I accidentally spilled a boiling pot of hot water on me while making mashed potatoes and have burns and blisters on my stomach to the point that I haven’t been able to wear jeans for a week now
I think we’ve had enough bad luck. We'll probably win the Powerball while we are on vacation.
We were originally going to be enjoying the fall colors and driving all over the New England countryside for two weeks….. which I still really, really want to do but Kamie hates long drives. ☹ I don’t know. I feel iffy about long drives. I’m still considering this for next year. So, we cancelled our trip to New England. We had decided to do nothing. Then…. Kamie still had all this time off work and he had to take it or lose the time and he was getting a little aggravated with life and less than 30 days ago we got an email for a cruise on sale and the dates matched his time off and we booked it! In a span of 24 hours we had paid for the cruise and purchased flights to Miami. Lo and behold… a week or so later…. All the bad luck started. ☹ AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! All that bad luck was more expensive than the cost of the cruise!!
Vacation time it is…. we leave tomorrow morning. I’m so excited that I don’t even care I have to wear my soft pants in public. 😊 We are going to Memphis tomorrow and checking-out the Bass Pro Pyramid… then flying to Miami which I am more excited about than the Bahamas…. Then a 5-day cruise to two different islands in the Bahamas. Bring on the pina coladas and the sound of the ocean waves lapping from our balcony cabin…. a week of no cooking, no dishes, and no laundry…. and maybe even sleeping-in!! I can hear the calypso band now…
Tot: 1.202s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:saturn w:www (188.8.131.52); sld: 3;
; mem: 1.4mb