Day 2: Hot Springs to St. Louis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
June 2nd 2010
Published: June 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our second day we woke up early, had breakfast at the Best Western, checked out, and then left to explore Hot Springs for the morning. We started by checking out the actual Hot Springs that (one that has not been tapped for a bathhouse). They were very hot, not surprisingly, and fun to dip my hands into.

We then headed to the top of the Mountain Observation tower within the National Park. The indoor level included an interesting museum that covered the history of the area. The outdoor observation was also amazing and gave me many scenic views and photos to take.

After that, we drove around some of the mountain roads and took a brief hike. We then started the 6.5 hour drive to St. Louis. Once there, we dropped our things at Jerome's friend's house and took off for the baseball game. The stadium was really great and the Cardinals won 4-1. In-between one of the innings, a crazy fan took the field to run around. He was subdued by authorities and led off in handcuffs!

Today, we will explore St. Louis some more and then head for Decatur, IL. More to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb