Into The West


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » St Louis
February 13th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Paul's backyard deckPaul's backyard deckPaul's backyard deck

A little bit of snow.
The following is a commentary by the good people of St. Louis, Missouri. This is not a paid advertisement.

"There was a man, brave and heroic, and he took a journey through many perils. He came out of the West and forded raging rivers, blazing deserts, visited long-time comrades-in-arms, fought off bandits and loved many, many women. Upon reaching his wintry destination of Saint Louis, he spent several joyous days among friends he considered as family, exploring the countryside and experiencing new adventures. But alas! The days of fun came to an end, and the brave, noble giant of a man had to return to his homeland in the West.

And so he left the winter wonderland...and looked danger in the face and laughed as he began the final stage of his wonderful journey.

That man.....that hero...was called Big Chowder...and the world is a better place because of him.

All hail Big Chowder! Conqueror of the Desert Lands! Dominator of toll-paying turnpikes! Seducer of womankind!

Viva la Chowder!"


Okay, so now that we have that out of the way...yes, tonight is my last night in St. Louis and tomorrow I must begin the lonnnng journey
The "Box" is still frozenThe "Box" is still frozenThe "Box" is still frozen

Guess I better defrost 'er before tomorrow!
home. I don't really want to come back the way I came out because it was borrrring, but there is a large storm coming across the midwest and I am not wanting to get caught in a snowstorm. We'll see how it goes. First day of driving I am going to try to get to Oklahoma City and then figure the rest out from there.

Didn't really do much today. Got a really late start. Today was Thom's 31st birthday, so we did a little shopping for her. It was snowing again today and cold, so it was another day of wearing a beanie and heavy jacket. After shopping, we went out for her birthday dinner to this place called The Drunken Fish. It's a pretty hopping sushi bar. Paul felt the need to order two million rolls. The waiter had a pack mule follow him to carry out all the sushi he ordered. It was definitely good food, and we couldn't finish it.

Getting a last load of laundry done and getting things ready for driving tomorrow. It will be tough to leave Paul, Frank and Thom behind. They have been like family for so long, and
IciclesIciclesIcicles

Yes, those are icicles on my car!
Paul and I had done pretty much everything and went everywhere (including Hawaii, Australia, etc) together when he lived in Sacramento, so it is always a great time to see them all, and it sucks when you have to leave. A big thanks goes out to Paul for letting me and Matt crash in his house and to all three of them for showing us such a good time. I already miss them.

So keep in touch and watch out for more blogs as I head back to sunny California, and keep your fingers crossed that I get my paycheck deposited on time (money is running really low) so I can get a warm room each night and that I don't get snow on the way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

FEAST!FEAST!
FEAST!

Sound the feasting horn!!


13th February 2008

chowder
You rock man! Have a safe journey home.
14th February 2008

Wow!
That is a feast!!! It looks wonderful! Be safe!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb