Independence day


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Giant catsup bottle!Giant catsup bottle!Giant catsup bottle!

Probably the best sight of the day!
Much to our disappointment, independence day has nothing to dwithin Will Smith or aliens! Most disappointing.

We had a chance to stop for a bit of sightseeing on our way up the Mississippi to st louis today. We saw 'chain of rocks' bridge, a huge original bridge across the Mississippi now only open the walkers and cyclists it'san couple of miles in length. Needless to say we didn't walk the lot. With temperatures up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit we couldn't face it!

Onwards towasaint loud Louis and our sesight sight of the day..... A giant catsup bottle. This may not sound as fantastic as it actually was but trust me when I tell you, it was very cool.



Final stop was Cahokia. This is the remains of a huge city, spanning many acres. It's dominated by a huge man made mount and surrounded by smaller hills and burial grounds.

Finally we found our way to saint Louis, very worn out and hot. We checked into our hotel and headed out to Busch field to watch the saint Louis cardinals play baseball. We mostly had no idea what was going on but Ithink the cardinals won! We drank beer, ate an enormous pretzel and watched the fourth of July fireworks as the exploded above the stadium.



All round a fantastic but exhausting day. Only thing left to do was call room service, stuff ourselves with burgers and sleep ready for another big day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Independance day fireworks!Independance day fireworks!
Independance day fireworks!

Thank you Will Smith.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb