blizzard 2011


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Camdenton
February 1st 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Helllllllllloooooo from cold mid Missouri! Lenin and I had an eventful and good trip back. We arrived late afternoon last Wednesday, 26 January, and Dad was there to pick us up in St. Louis. He promptly informed us that we would be stopping at "hole in the wall BBQ place" which was delicious. We had fun looking at the various stuffed animals throughout the restaurant.

We arrived home to somewhat agreeable weather conditions with late afternoons being in the upper 40's and 50's. However, today at about 2 am we heard rain coming down and by the time Lenin's father called and woke us up at 6 the snow was coming down! We promptly rolled back over and went back to sleep.

We literally had to hop and blaze a trail up to the parent's house at mid day, when the snow was already like high enough to go over my boots. Going home tonight is going to be collllld! Supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow morning, or so they say.

So we are home. We are cold. We're just trying to get ourselves on our feet and don't have any immediate plans for at least a while. We do have a car now and although it does have snow tires on it, I'm not sure we'll be going anywhere significant anytime soon.

We don't have cell phones yet, but you can call us at our casita at 346-5709. Hope everyone is safe and warm in the midwest! I cannot believe I was showering outside a week ago.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb