A two day side trip to Branson


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri » Branson
April 22nd 2011
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.6415, -93.2177

Left the motel today and headed off to the Bass Pro Outdoor World, the biggest Bass Pro Shop in the USA. It was amazing, with live Alligators, tanks full of Bass and stuffed animals set into woodland. We then made our way to the Fantastic Caverns, a drive through cave system in the hills and a historic hangout of the Ku-Klux Klan.

On to Branson the holiday capital of Missouri, and 2 nights in the Hilton which was located on Branson Landing right on the river. We had some beautiful crab and margaritas for lunch at Joes Crab Shack then headed back to our room as Branson was expecting severe thunder storms.

We awoke the next morning to good weather and took a scenic rail trip through the Ozark hills then went to visit the Titanic Museum which boasts the largest collection of Titanic artifacts anywhere in the world. We were given boarding passes with the the actual passengers names on them and we had to see if we survived at the end of the tour. Deb survived, I didn't but it seems I was a handsome banker before I boarded the ship.

In the afternoon we took in a live show which Branson is famous for and saw the Liverpool Legends who are a group set up by George Harrisons older sister who we met at the show.

Back to Joes Crab Shack for some more margaritas on the Landing then back to our room as thunder storms were due again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb