Vicksburg, Mississippi to Bryan, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi
June 26th 2011
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 26 June - I visited a few sites in Vicksburg today until it got hot then came back to my room and am enjoying sitting under the AC out of the heat and caught up on my blogs, emails, etc. I checked out Solly's Hot Tamale's while I was out and checked to see if the casino's had been washed away in the recent floods. To my great dissapointment the casino's had survived the flood virtually unscathed.

Monday 27 July Vicksburg to Bryan
My truck and I had a long day today. I left Vicksburg at 10 AM and drove the scenic route through Louisiana down Hwy 65 and 84 to Alexandria, Louisiana and then down to Oakdale on 164 and across to DeRitter, La, then Jasper , Texas and on to Bryan. I stopped for lunch at De Ridder for some Gumbo. Couldn't miss the chance for some real Louisana Gumbo while I was there.
I arrived at Bryan around 8 PM. I had a nice visit and my sister had some stuffed chicken and Jambalaya for me to eat.
Everyone went to bed early and guess I will do the same in a minute.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Hot tamale'sHot tamale's
Hot tamale's

I tried out Solly's Hot Tamale's. I thought they were OK. But in fairness I never cared much for tamale's but I'm a big Enchalada Man.


Tot: 0.598s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 81; dbt: 0.2589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb