Hot, Hot, Hot


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi » Fulton
June 7th 2011
Published: June 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Canadian GeeseCanadian GeeseCanadian Geese

too hot to take pictures. this is all I've got.
I hate to sound repetitious, but DARN, IT’S HOT!!!

Saturday night we ate at a Mexican restaurant with Linda and Phil, then back to the air conditioned lounge at the marina to finish our visit. It was great spending time with Linda and Phil, all four of us talking fondly about Sara and Trevor. They are, after all, Sara’s O-Dock parents.

Sunday morning it was back on the river on our northward journey. We managed to make 70 miles and a lock before dropping anchor in the same spot where we had spent 2 nights back in November. Definitely a different weather pattern this time. Then it was cold and rainy, this time hot and not. It was a bit cooler than the last few days, I guess due to overcast skies. We swam a bit, but the water was too warm to be refreshing.

Monday was another hot day, but we continued on, sweating and griping. This day we traveled around 70 miles and did 2 locks before stopping at Columbus Marina in Columbus, MS. No swimming this day, but the showers sure felt great.

Tuesday (today) was a very good day, but still almost unbearably hot. We made it 60 miles and 4 locks. We were lucky enough to find the locks ready for us when we reached them and didn’t have to wait. We haven’t seen any tows in the last 3 days either. Maybe they all melted. We are at Midway Marina in Fulton, MS. Kerry says we are becoming marina wienies, but in this heat we need to be able to plug in the fans.

We are making great progress, and depending on the last 4 locks, we should be home either Friday or Saturday. I am really looking forward to seeing our family and friends, not to mention sleeping in a real bed with air conditioning.

Have I mentioned that it’s hot?

More later…


Advertisement



8th June 2011

Hot Hot Hot!!!
Hope you are not expecting to find it any cooler in Tennessee! It has been miserable the last three weeks. At 9:00pm tonight it was 85 deg! One would think it was July or August! I know you WILL be glad to get home. You certainly have been adding to your Memory Bank! Safe sailing!

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb