Roosevelt State Park - Morton, Mississippi


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Mississippi » Forest
March 30th 2014
Published: March 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We went exploring at Roosevelt State Park today.

The sunny day and blue skies were perfect for testing out my new camera. The park is located about 10 miles from our home and we have passed by many times without stopping to visit. It is about a mile north of I-20 just about 45 minutes' drive east of Jackson Mississippi. For a $3 day-pass entry fee, we visited the lake area, picnic locations (which were abundant) and saw the CCC cabins that are part of the National Historic Register. The entry station was not manned, but there was a sign asking for the $3 to be placed in the honor box located nearby.

The hotel on-site is a bonus at $62/night for weekdays and $74 /night for weekends. Every room faces the lake and has an outdoor area with seating. We drove through the RV section of the park and found the area that is set aside for tent camping. There are several hiking trails through the park. The park store and visitor center were closed on this Sunday afternoon. We had hoped to get a map with the hiking trail locations.

It was a beautiful and relaxing afternoon and we look forward to going back soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb