THE BLUES HIGHWAY: Take off your overcoat girl...so we can see your moves


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

THE BLUES HIGHWAY: Take off your overcoat girl...so we can see your moves. When Denise drives really fast...and my body tenses...she threatens to put me in the boot. The boot of the Cadillac SRX is quite spacious...so it's not too bad when she puts me in it. But today is a special day. Denise says she's going to get an esky...put it in the boot...and make it into a bed-sitter! Threaten all yo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Muddy Waters TreeMuddy Waters Tree
Muddy Waters Tree

Marks the spot where the great man lived
Muddy Waters Blues Trail MarkerMuddy Waters Blues Trail Marker
Muddy Waters Blues Trail Marker

Clarksdale...you're the Real Deal



19th June 2015

Shake up or Shack Up
Either way sounds like a great time was had by all... you really are an adventurous pair. It all looks a bit scarey to me but obviously wasn't. Looks a bit like that movie with Burt Reynolds .'.Deliverance' country.
19th June 2015

Shake up or Shack Up
One of the joys of travelling when looking for music Lynne, is to find a Blues joint like Red's that is the real deal. To find a place to stay as atmospheric as Shack Up Inn by an absolute fluke is serendipity in its brilliant glory.
19th June 2015

Thanks!
What a marvelous excursion you two are on. And of course Denise drives fast - most excellent drivers do! ;) And thanks for the Green Onions clip; it's one of my favorites.
19th June 2015

Thanks!
"And of course Denise drives fast - most excellent drivers do! ;)". Right on Karen. As Denise has a perfect driving record (no blemishes against her licence) no doubt she'd agree with you. But when my body tenses...we need Green Onions playing when that happens!!!
19th June 2015

Brave, brave souls
WOW! I would never have the courage to go in one of those places or even stop near one. It is so great to hear your love and enthusiasm for what is right under my nose. You are teaching us all a lesson. Carolyn/Gunga
20th June 2015

Brave, brave souls
Love & enthusiasm Carolyn...together with a few dance steps...amazing where it takes us. We're not known as the Dancing Duo for no reason!
20th June 2015

For a Blues lover...
it can't get any better.
20th June 2015

For a Blues lover... it can't get any better.
So right Bob. We are still buzzing from the brilliant highs of finding the Blues in Clarksdale of which I'll share further blues guitar licks and notes.
20th June 2015

He dances to his own tune, but not her...
Green onions. Gotta love it. How can you not move to that melody! Some great music & have to say some great dancing! Nothing better than being in the moment just moving to the groove, transported to another realm...wonderful memories! All I can say David is - if you drove any slower you would be in reverse!
22nd June 2015
Shack Up Inn

The Shack Up Inn
What a fantastically quirky looking place... no wonder you felt you had to go and stay there, I would too - it looks great! Thanks for sharing
22nd June 2015
Shack Up Inn

The Shack Up Inn
Thanks Nomads. It even has a stage and blues gigs and festivals are featured there. At those times I'd really like to be staying there. The vibe would be sensational.
23rd June 2015

Let us see your moves!
Welcome to Mississippi, the heart and soul of the blues-- and where else could a bluesman like you and your lovely wife end up. Red's Blues Club sounds perfect. Wish we had been there with you. We will follow in your footsteps and stay at the Shack Up Inn. (you dog) Glad you found such great places at the Crossroads of the blues.
23rd June 2015

Let us see your moves!
Wish we had been there with you guys as well. But we had to stay appropriately for a tasty entre to prepare for our meeting with you guys for a blueslicious main course.
23rd June 2015
I Will Always Love You

Denise on the blues highway
Pedal to the metal.....glad the blues lady was behind the wheel!
23rd June 2015
I Will Always Love You

Denise on the blues highway
And kinda appropriate when you see what song she was listening to!
24th June 2015

You guys have the best adventures! The Blues highway sounds pretty awesome, what a fantastic experience for a music lover.
24th June 2015

You guys have the best adventures!
You just can't have a bad time when you follow the music Rachael. Some of our best adventures have happened because we did just that. Wow...gives me goose bumps just thinking about them!
3rd July 2015

Grooving to the Blues!
Your grooving to the Blues are getting you and Denise to some interesting spots and across some interesting people! So many good stories of life to be found on this trail you're following!
6th July 2015

Grooving to the Blues!
I cannot properly express in words and pics what an absolute blast we have travelling down the Blues Highway Per-Olof. Hope the blog gives you a taste of the vibe and the music transports you there.
25th June 2017

Love it.
I took down several notes in order to take them into account for a future trip. It will be one of the best trips of my whole life. My plan will be to start in New Orleans: jazz, blues, rok and roll, country, wow!!!!!! Thank you. Good life! Hugs from Argentina.
26th June 2017

Love it
I had to read my blog and check out the photos before I could reply Graciela. And what fabulous memories came flooding in! We often talk of travelling the Blues Highway again...taking more time to discover more authentic juke joints...swoon in the blues...and stay at Shack Up Inn again. Don't just dream Graciela...just do it!!!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb