Root River & Harmony Preston Valley State Trail


Advertisement

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Root River Trail



Root River Trail
Maureen Kelly/Robert Tait
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted"

Rushford was a start point for the Root River Preston Valley State Trail. The bike trails in MN are free, so no pass is needed. The trail is paved and follows the Root River for 42 miles; then connects to the Harmony Preston Valley Trail for another 18 miles. As we biked along this beautiful valley we crossed lots of bridges over the Root River and its tributaries. The weather has been hot—85 yesterday, 90 today, while moving it is OK, but stop and wow it hits. Most of the trail is fairly level, but a few ups and downs to keep one pedaling. The pool at the Old Barn RV Park was a great treat at the end of the day.
Wednesday, June 13, today we took the trail from the Old Barn to Lanesboro and onto Whalan. The little towns that we pass through are all biker friendly, the coffee shops and of course, the bike shops.
We continued our drive this afternoon to Minneapolis, the campground Lebanon Hills is actually in Apple Valley. This is as close as we could get to the city. We intend to drive to the Mall of America and get the Hiawatha Light Train into the city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Old Barn RV ParkThe Old Barn RV Park
The Old Barn RV Park

This campground had a golf course, restaurant pool and was right on the bike trail


22nd June 2007

barn swallows
Never knew barn swallows grouped their nests like that. I've seen 3 or 4 together, but never that many!
22nd June 2007

Barn swallows
I have lots of barn swallows - come see, they are a delight as they swoop around your head! Hey, I didn't know you were going to Minnesota - The land of the norse men and women. Bet there are two pages of Larsens in the phone book.

Tot: 0.651s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 40; qc: 192; dbt: 0.2727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb