YWAM Outreach Guidence


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
October 15th 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Early next week I will write a detailed entry of how amazingly Youth With A Mission Discipleship Training Sschool is going. J Right now though, I would really appreciate all of your prayers. All of us students and staff met to hear about the details of each outreach which will take place from December 30-February 20 as part of DTS. The two choices are Peru or India. Each one of us students will be individually praying about which country God would like to use us in to fulfill his will. We just went over the details and will be praying and seeking God's guidance all this weekend. Monday morning, October 19th we will all gather, write our decisions of where the Lord desires us to go on a piece of paper and the teams will be finalized.

The Peru outreach will take place in Iquitos, Peru right on the Amazon River. The ministry opportunities that will take place there consist of, but are not limited to relationship evangelism, city ministry, and street kids ministry. What will also take place is going into the deep parts of the Amazon jungle to do ministry. This will consist of evangelism, children’s ministry, and digging wells. The cost for Peru will be $1,400 to $1,500 and the plane tickets will cost approximately $1,000 to $1,500 totaling around $2,400 to $3,000.

India outreach will first take place in Chennai and then we will take a two-four day train ride to Calcutta. While in India, we will be working mainly with lepers. Church planting for lepers, working with children that do or do not have leprosy, and the poor and needy are some but not limited to these ministries. There will also possibly be prostitution and orphan ministry as well. The cost for this is also $1,400 to $1,500 for grounds fees and $1,000 to $1,500 for plane ticket totaling around $2,400 to $3,000.

Prayer requests right now would be:
1. Clear guidance for which outreach God wants me involved in, India or Peru
2. That all of us students would base our decision on where God wants us and not where other students may feel called to.
3. That I would listen for God to speak to me whether that be a still small voice in my heart, through a vision, or a dream.
4. All the $2,400-$3,000 would come in for outreach costs.
5. That I would grow intimate with God in this time of seeking his will and that I would focus on him and only him.

Thank you all so much again for all your support! Blessings!


Advertisement



15th October 2009

I'll be praying for you
I'll be praying for you as I hike this weekend with my cousins.
19th October 2009

:)
Praying for you!!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb