Minnesota


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis » Uptown
April 30th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our youngest son has been asking all along when we'll get to Minnesota. He says it's his favorite state because its name sounds like a soft drink. We didn't have any Minne-soda, but we did have a great visit with previous China co-workers and their two little girls. It was such fun to see them on their home turf and learn about new interests and skills they're developing. Once again we were the recipients of great hospitality. I realize we can never repay many of these friends so I am having to learn to receive it with gratitude and as fuel for the future. We joined our friends on a trip to the library, which we love and miss in China. We also each got a great haircut...thanks!

Sunday we went to downtown Minneapolis to attend Bethlehem Baptist. One of our favorite preachers wasn't there that weekend, but after worship we went for lunch at the home of one of their internet ministry's leaders whom we'd met in China. Although our families had never met we were welcomed into their home for a great meal (including a potato casserole that came with high recommendations from their daughter, we also gave it two thumbs up). As we admired the unique beauty of their home we learned the term that many of you home-bred Americans already know- Arts and Crafts homes. This was a homebuilding movement that came to America in the 1920/30s and produced homes that were unique to each craftsman. We are learning new things every day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb