Re-Pass Tale: 3 Generations Search for Wedding Band


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Lutsen
July 29th 2010
Published: August 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Brule Lake Wedding Ring Search


Re-pass Tale: 3 Generations Look for Wedding Ring!

At the put in site of Brule Lake, I met 3 individuals holding what looked to be a bazooka heading out on the water for a day trip. From St. Cloud, Minn., Eldon S. was the most distinguished looking of the trio. A teacher, his brother-in-law had created the 3-foot, black cylinder object. It was an underwater scope. Objective: Lost Underwater Wedding Ring Location.
The ring belong to the son, Matt., 5-yr. old Ava in tow at Lake Brule that August 2010. In November 2009, while winter camping, Matt jumped into the freezing water of the lake to wash his hair. The shampoo allowed his wedding ring to slip into the waters. This fact was realized 30 feet back on the shore, and a 3-hour, 6 person search yielded no return of the elusive gold band.
It became a running family joke, and a project that Eldon and Company were now undertaking. At Eldon's estimation, they had a 50/50 chance of success.

I snapped these photos, and some for them as well.

I wonder how the recovery efforts faired…but, unfortunately, the outcome remains a “glass half full/empty mystery…"

Project Update, August 17, 2010
Courtesy of Eldon S., Grandfather in the "ring family"!
:

Hello Dave, Very cool site. You've been to many interesting places. It was a pleasure to talk with you at the Brule Lake entry point last week. Thanks again for taking our photo. We spent about 2 hours searching for the lost ring that day. We did not manage to locate the ring but did find a golfball, two daredevils, a bunch of jigs and two pennies 😊. There were four women at the site and they enjoyed our story and search while we were there.
Matt wasn't too disappointed as we knew our chances were slim. If it had been in a place where we could see it, we probably would have found it. The scope worked great. The day was fun as this was Ava's first paddle into the BWCAA. Enjoy the rest of the summer and all your trips.

Reaction from ChicagoDave: Search for it again if you all must, but somehow the entire lake/region becomes the ring! Eldon: Thanks for the message!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb