Traverse City MI - Summer 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Traverse City
October 1st 2010
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Blue AngelsBlue AngelsBlue Angels

They performed on the Fourth of July -- great show
We spent the summer in Traverse City, Michigan. A lovely town on the shores of Lake Michigan, Traverse City is home to a nationally recognized Film Festival, a Cherry Festival, and a whole host of recreational, cultural, and gastronomic opportunities. The Moody Blues were one of the featured summer concerts at the Interlachen Center for the Arts nearby, and we definitely enjoyed the show.

Mark, Heidi, and Alex vacationed in northern Michigan in early July, so we got to spend some time with them as well. Diane made a cherry pie for Alex’s third birthday and we had a little cookout to celebrate. We also made some very nice new friends—Kent and Phyllis, Tom and Nancy, Marv and Alicia, Ken and Suzanne, and Pete and Denise, to name a few. We had lunch with friends Ken and Ellie from Texas; and Bill and Patricia from Washington State also stopped by while in town.

The Cherry Festival was quite a production, and we saw the Navy’s Blue Angels perform. We picked blueberries and peaches and made a point to hit the local farmers markets. Diane made bread and butter pickles and freezer jams.

In late September, we headed to southern Michigan to visit Alan’s Aunt Sue, whom he hadn’t seen in a very long time. Our next stop is Pennsylvania.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Birthday Cherry PieBirthday Cherry Pie
Birthday Cherry Pie

We were so happy to be able to celebrate Alex's birthday in Michigan.
Baby RobinBaby Robin
Baby Robin

First of four baby robins to fly out of the nest into a nearby tree.
Horse Shows by the BayHorse Shows by the Bay
Horse Shows by the Bay

We watched a show-jumping competition one Sunday afternoon
Tall Ships FestivalTall Ships Festival
Tall Ships Festival

Just a few of the ships in the harbor


Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb