Flight day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Romulus
March 25th 2015
Published: April 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Spring break means time to travel. We had planned on going to Foz do Iguacu last year when we were in Rio, but it did not work out. Of course the falls are a must see so we would try again this year, and combine it with another city in South America. For that, we chose Santiago.

We planned on departing Indianapolis around 3:30 pm, however, the flights were full so we left at noon instead.

Our first flight was Indianapolis to Detroit on a Delta Connection CRJ-700. I was in seat 8A for the short flight.

We had about 6 hours in Detroit airport, so we just grabbed some lunch and sat around waiting.

At 8 pm, we departed to Sao Paulo on board Delta 53. We cleared for business class and I was in seat 7D.

I enjoyed the meal and some gin and tonics, while watching the movie "The Big Lebowski" I have seen it many times, but consider it to be such a great film, that I never tire of watching it.

I slept after the movie and was able to get a good 7 hours of sleep.

About an hour before landing, I had the breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

We cleared the customs and immigration quickly and went to check in for the flight to Foz. They had changed the process for the better since we had been here last year. The first flight to Foz was full so we were not able to get one until about 3:45 pm. We flew our partner airline of GOL, which offers us a very nice discount. It was GOL flight 1382 and I was in seat 6F for the one hour flight on a 737-700 aircraft.

At Foz airport, we were picked up by our Airbnb host Bernadete and we went to her place and enjoyed some snacks and tea while getting settled. It was raining and pretty much rained all night, which sounded so soothing as we slept.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb